Sunday, January 15, 2017

The National Museum of the Marine Corp

Just outside of Quantico, Virginia is the National Museum of the Marine Corp.  It is an amazing tribute to the men and women who have served so gallantly defending America's freedom around the world.  I had the opportunity to visit the museum while on a family Christmas holiday vacation.  My wife Kathi and son Thomas, who is a LTC in the U.S. Army National Guard spent a long afternoon with me touring the museum.  There is no entrance fee.  The museum is free.  Depending how long one stays at each exhibit, it takes about two hours to complete the tour.  Then there is the gift shop.  It is loaded with every kind of Marine Corp memorabilia you can think of.  More hats and tee shirts than you will see anywhere.  Being retired U.S. Air Force, I learned a lot about the history of the Marine Corp I did not know.   Loads of fun.  Click HERE for the museum website.  Also click HERE for my video of photos and video clips from my tour.

I you ae ever visiting the DC area, do not miss out on visiting the National Museum of the Marine Corp.  Until next time, be safe in the sun and have a great day in the great outdoors.


No comments:

Post a Comment