Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Trapper Tackle at the ICAST on the Water Demo Day

One of the many brands that had tents at the 2017 ICAST on the Water demo day was Trapper Tackle.  They were demonstrating their unique fish hook with the  configuration where the hook incorporated a expanded box at the hook. The box feature allows the fish, once it bites, to be locked onto the fish hook.  The box keeps the fish from rolling off the hook when being reeled in.  Their hook design won the Best in show in 2016 in the fish hook category.  I have never used these hooks before. I did speak with an angler at their tent who just finished a trip where they loaded up the boat with Mahi Mahi using these hooks.  He swore by them.  I cannot wait to try them out to see if they work for me because I need all the help I can get to catch fish from my kayak.  I am going to check out Trapper Tackle hooks later in the week at their booth.  Until next time, be safe in the sun and have a great day in the great outdoors.



No comments:

Post a Comment