Monday, October 3, 2016

Anastasia Confections



Two times a year Surf Expo brings together literally 1,000s of surf lifestyle brands together under on roof.  Hidden among the swimsuit and resort rows are exhibitors exhibiting products that appeal to your sweet tooth.  Anastasia Confections was such an exhibitor.  Their specialty was Florida themed coconut patties and key lime cookies.  They had a basket of the single patties samples on their booth table which I could not resist. I tasted the key lime coconut and the classic coconut.  I will say that I have had a lot of candies that were similar  to the Anastasia Confections Coconut Patties.  But none of them were as flavorful as these.  I liked them both equally.  To order a box for yourself all you have to do is click HERE for their webpage.   If cookies and coconut bites are not enough, you can get any of their other confections where you can order them online.

As a child, living in South Carolina back during the 1950s and 60s our family summer trip was to go camping at Myrtle Beach, SC.  At least one night we would go to the Myrtle Beach Pavilion to stroll boardwalk and visit the shops like the Gay Dolphin Gift Cove or the Bowery with their bingo and foot long french fries. Part of out family tradition was to get a box or two of saltwater taffy. My grandmother who lived in New York City loved saltwater taffy.  We use to send her a box each
summer.  In the Anastasia booth they had saltwater taffy samples.  Trying one brought back loads of my memories of times past.  I do not know it eating saltwater taffy brings back your memories like it does for me, but I do know that their saltwater taffy is pretty damn good.  It is even kosher certified.  So why not order a bag when you order a box of their great coconut patties or cookies.

Until next time, be safe in the sun and have a great day in the great outdoors.





No comments:

Post a Comment