Saturday, March 25, 2017

Backpacking & Hiking First Aid Kit Accessories

I have been meaning to share with you some products that you must add to your first aid kit especially if you are a through hiker on the AT or Pacific Crest Trail.

Silipos contacted me a month a go about their orthopedic products.  When I got samples I immediately thought of through hikers.  Through hikers have been know to run into some nasty foot and toe problems being on the trail for an extended period of time.  I have to believe that having these light weight toe guards and foot support devices could go a long way in keeping you on the trail.  The same goes for the zipper repair.  This morning on cable TV I saw my first zipper repair kit demonstrated.  Looks like these have been on the market for sometime now.  But I guess that I just missed them.  With lots of your gear with YKK zippers, every hiker or backpacker should have these in their backpack or day pack.  One never knows when you will blow out a zipper.  These will surely come in handy.  

So the next time you head outdoors be prepared.  Until next time, be safe in the sun and have a great day in the great outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment