Saturday, January 27, 2018

OutterBox at 2018 Surf Expo

If you have ever attended Surf Expo, ICAST or any of the Outdoor Retailer shows, you would know how easy it is to miss exhibitors.  This year was no exception for me.  When I approached the OutterBox Cooler booth I asked if this was the first time they exhibited.  No was the answer I got.  I just happen to miss them during one of my past visits to Surf Expo before when I was doing one of my cooler war articles.  

OutterBox has designed a really great "Made In America" cooler.  These coolers are made in Detroit using automobile manufacturing technology.   The coolers come in three sizes, 25, 45, and 65 quarts. Each cooler has many accessory attachment points where you can add other OtterBox accessories. 
Easily one can see that these coolers go head to head with Yeti or any of the top of the line coolers.  While talking to Levi, Sattler, OutterBox Account Director, he point out the latches.  Latches! I loved these latches.  These latches are of a cam lock design.  You can close them with on finger. I love these latches. Did I say I love these latches. 

During Hurricane Irma I purchased an Igloo 55 Quart Sportsman Cooler at my local Sam's Club that have large rubber handles. You really have to tug on these to get the lid shut.  Now I only paid about $175.00 for my cooler.  The OutterBox 65 quart cost $349.99 and the 45 quart $299.99.  But if you know any thing about coolers you know that when shopping for a high technology cooler, price does matter.   You get more features from OtterBox than getting a cooler than from a coller from Walmart or Sam's Club.  If I had it to do all over again, an OutterBox cooler just might be sitting in my garage. Check out my video on the Venture 45 cooler.  So if you are in the need of a top of the line cooler, the OutterBox 25, 45, or 65 quarts size just may do the trick.

Until next time be safe in the sun and have a great day in the great outdoors. 



No comments:

Post a Comment