Saturday, July 16, 2016

Bass Pro NRA Freedom Days

July 16, 2016 – Melbourne, Florida
In the mail this week I received my Bass Pro sale mailer.  Before I opened it I was expecting the typical sale add that I get throughout the year when Bass Pro wants to promote some of their seasonal products.  I sure was prized to open an advertisement promoting the NRA, hand and long guns and ammo.   What strikes me about this is that it is American Free Enterprise at work.  No matter which side you are on regarding the 2nd Amendment or gun control, you have to appreciate the tenacity of the gun industry and their major re-sellers like Walmart and Bass Pro for making money.  Is not that what capitalism is all about? Take advantage of market trends to develop sales and marketing campaigns that resonate with American outdoor sports and recreation buying public is just artful.  I can tell you from experience shopping at my local Bass Pro in Palm Bay, Florida, that during this sale, if you are not at the store when it opens each day, you will either have to wait in long gun counter lines or not get the hand gun, rifle or ammo you came to the store to purchase. 
As I looked through the flyer, I could not help but notice the cost of gun and ammo.  With the prices I am seeing, the gun industry is extremely profitable.  If you or your 401K is not investing in gun industry stock, your retirement plan is missing out. 
How about a little gun nostalgia? Remember back in the day when you could go into Sears, Kmart or your local hunting store and find a barrel full of old military rifles for about $10.00 - $20.00 each?  Or kids could purchase gun if they had the money without their parents. Boy has times changed.  Check out some of the sale prices in the NRA Freedom Days’ sale add.  The sale started yesterday and ends on July 31st
Until next time, be safe in the sun and have a great day in the great outdoors.




No comments:

Post a Comment